Here is the entry for Decatur Heights in a timeline history of Decatur:
- 1910-1928 Decatur Heights Subdivision
- Streets: Ridgeland Ave., Fairview St., Sycamore Dr., Pinehurst St., Ponce de Leon, Hillcrest, Poplar, Oakdale, Grove St., Woodland, Covington Rd.
- Owner/Developers: Homer C. Lord, Georgia Land and Investment Co.
According to another source, Sycamore St. was originally called "Covington Rd." Who knows where Woodland was? All the other names are still in use.
Pinehurst (which then dead-ended into a field owned by the Scott Family, with an unimproved dirt road going to the south) was paved in the late 40s or early 50s. It was gravel before. The neighbors chipped in to have sidewalks added.