The Decatur Heights Subdivision was developed between 1910 and 1928 (the plat filed in the court house is dated 1916). During this period, a number of streets were added, including Sycamore, Hillcrest, Grove, Poplar, Pinehurst, and Fairview.
Neighboring (but not connected via roadways) Glennwood Estates was developed (to the west) later, in the 1925-28 period.
This writer, who grew up on Pinehurst St., can vaguely recall Pinehurst being paved (vs. gravel) as a kid (in the late 40s or early 50s). Sycamore had been paved earlier.
Winn Way (going N-S along the Decatur city limit line from the hospital to North Arcadia) is a newer street, as is North Arcadia (added about the time Sam's Crossing (once at Sycamore) was moved eastward to accommodate the MARTA station. The area along Winn Way, which is now full of medical offices, retirement commuities, and such; was field and woods (owned by the Scott family) in the 50s. There were industrial sites (such as Kraft) on Ponce de Leon and DeKalb Industrial, which curved off Ponce de Leon before North Arcadia was built.
Decatur Heights Neighborhood (Decatur, GA)